The application process for staff positions at the Youth Ranch is stringent and requires a high level of commitment from the applicant. When the process is complete, the applicant and Project Patch should both have a good idea whether the applicant is skilled and will fit the organization. The applicant will also have a good idea whether they would enjoy and be energized by working at Patch.
Step 1: Paperwork
- Submit application, cover letter, and resume
- Distribute two (2) personal reference forms and ensure they are returned to Project Patch
- Distribute one (1) personal reference form to your pastor and ensure it is returned to Project Patch
- Distribute one (1) professional reference form and ensure it is returned to Project Patch
|Step 2: Review
- Review application and references
- Phone call with applicant
- Contact references
- Determine whether to continue application process
|Step 3: Diana Screen®
Schedule appointment for Diana Screen® with Project Patch.
At Project Patch the protection and safety of the children we serve is our #1 priority. For that reason we screen all candidates applying for positions of trust with children with The Diana Screen.®
The Diana Screen® is a sexual risk screening tool used by Project Patch to screen candidates who are applying for staff or volunteer positions. The Diana Screen® is administered on a computer in our office (Garden Valley, ID, Goldendale, WA or Vancouver, WA), and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. The Diana Screen® helps to identify men and women who may step over a sexual boundary line or who may present a sexual risk to children and teens. The Diana Screen® is used as one part Project Patch’s overall application/interview/screening process.
By completing The Diana Screen® you are helping to make Project Patch as safe as possible for children. We thank you.
For more information about The Diana Screen® please visit www.DianaScreen.com
|Step 4: Volunteer Days & Interview
- Schedule and complete four (4) days of volunteering at the youth ranch
- Complete Ministry Insights Personality Profile
- Goal: Applicant understands job duties and expectations clearly
- Goal: Patch gets to know applicant better and determine whether applicant fits the organization
|Step 5: Conditional Job Offer
- Applicant clears background check with fingerprinting ($85 cost to applicant)
- Applicant has satisfactory Driving History Report ($10 cost to applicant)
- Physical Exam (cost to applicant)
- Drug testing
If you are interested in seeking employment or volunteering at the Project Patch Youth Ranch, please complete the following steps:
- Download and complete the Pre-Employment Application
- Download and complete both the Personal Reference Form and Professional Reference Form
- Mail completed cover letter, current resume, and pre-employment application to Project PATCH at the address below
- Distribute reference requests (two personal to anyone, one personal to your pastor, one professional) and ensure they are mailed or faxed to Project PATCH (contact information below)
2404 E Mill Plain Blvd, Suite A
Vancouver, WA 98661
Project Patch is an equal opportunity employer.